Friday, March 25, 2011

Weak End

What a downer title, eh?  Sorry guys-

I try not to let it show around here, but my work week has been killer stressful.  No es bueno, mis amigos.  For the majority of the last five days I've felt like I was battling a hangover; tired and nauscious with a throbbing headache.  Five days of intense presentations and fittings and production touch-bases and selling reviews and testing recaps and hand-offs and assortment workshops.  Agendas booked solid from 8am to 7pm.  I have 327 unread emails in my inbox (that sounds bad, but on Wednesday I was just shy of 500).  Basically, Monday felt like Friday.  And at this moment,  I feel like I've aged a full ten years within a week.  No es bueno.


I've got a huge volume of sketching to work through this weekend.  Which is not quite... exactly... prescisely... how I hoped to spend my time away from the office.  But, I'm leaving for HAWAII in a little less that two weeks.  My spring line needs to be ticked and tied before departure.  So that means 12 more days with a lot more stress.  At least I've got HAWAII too look forward to! (Sorry about the incessant italicized caps.  But, it's HAWAII!!!)

Besides putting the mechanical pencil to the sketch pad, I've got a few fun things outlined:
- Tomorrow night I'm going to a wedding!  Congrats Norma!!! 
- I'd like to turn 3 weeks into a full month of Champs Bakery weekend patronage.
- My Mom's birthday is coming up; time to do some research!
- Try to veganize the family recipe for Chile Relleno Casserole (Hello there silken tofu and Daiya cheese, aren't you looking foxy?!)

I love this photo so much, I saved it to my Pinterest about a month ago.  It's by (the very talented) Katie Miss of For me, For You.  Definitely go check out her blog, it's one of my favorites.  I promise, you'll fall in love with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment