Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pickles Please?

I saw this recipe and swooned.  Yeah.  And after regaining consciousness, intense salivation commenced.

See, I come from a family of pickle lovers.  I happily eat any and every pickled veggie I come across.  I've yet to meet a pickle that didn't tickle my fancy.   You pickle it?  I eat it; cucumbers, cabbage, carrots, beets, peppers, asparagus.  Pickled is just about the only way I like cauliflower.  Onions?  Oooh, onions...  I must point out that the pickled red onion (that comes with Counter's vegan cheese burger) is the only onion that they BF, "actually liked".  I tip my cap to the pickeler.  That guy does not like onions.

I've never pickled a thing myself though.  I guess I figured that it was difficult.  Or, that it took too long and I would be taunted by brine-filled jars of un-ripe pickles every time I opened the 'fridge.  But, I just found these Refrigerator Pickles on Katie Flaim's site.  And really, it doesn't seem difficult at all.  And I can totally wait out the 3 days of brine-magic, till they're all ready and tasting fabulous.  I believe I've found a weekend project!

Found via An Apple A Day, photos are from the blog's super talented author Amy Merrick

2 comments:

  1. IM GOING TO HAVE ONE RIGHT NOW! o, and the post about me? i blush! so citey to be a city girl with you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd like the pickle post. You should try to make them too! Although... in that house it might be hard to keep people from munching them before they're ready.

    ReplyDelete