Friday, March 4, 2011

ABT Spring Season!

Last night I received my Spring 2011 American Ballet Theater mailer.  So Excited.  What will I go see this year?  I'm going through the trio subscription options now...  the series packages are such an incredible deal!  For least expensive seats you get three shows for $60.  Crazy.  If you're looking for a deal, that it a deal!  Decent seats are twice as much, and if you want to get way up close it'll cost you considerable pennies.  But, sigh, it's so worth it.  Right now, I'm leaning toward Giselle, Don Quixote, and either Lady of the Camellias or Cinderella.  Swan Lake is my all time favorite ballet, so I may go to it as well.  It was also the first ABT show I ever saw.  Do you have a favorite ballet?

Oh, and another amazing thing?  ABT's 19-29 club; $30 orchestra seats.  All you need is to be 19-29 years young!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to go see a ballet at ABT. I used to stalk their website...

    Don Quixote is one of my absolute favorites.

    It's nice to read your thoughts on things. You were always so quiet in school. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ariel,
    Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment! (I looove comments!!!)

    Although I'm not sure that anything can compare with seeing ABT at Lincoln Center's Met Opera House, you should still try to see them when they travel. ABT is at the Music Center in LA this July (14th -17th).

    And yes, I'm still pretty quiet. Fortunately introverts make good bloggers. They don't mind sitting alone for hours with their computer : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually live in Portland now. (Nothing ever comes to Portland...) Do they come to Seattle?

    I definitely want to see them at the Met Opera House. Perhaps the next time I visit New York! Which... who knows when that will be...

    (Yes. Introverts make good bloggers... but not all introverts... Me, for example... I have always had trouble with keeping anything even remotely similar to a routine.)

    ReplyDelete