Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Loving Those Beets

When we eat at the Wholefoods bar, my BF will tease, "Are those hot beets?  Are they shredded beets?"  Unless I'm painfully hungry I play along.  Typically just repeating, "Shrrrrrr-ed-eeeeed" in my best growly-rocker voice.  We laugh.  We're simple people.

All kidding aside, I love my beets!  Oddly, I thought that I hated them until a couple years ago.  In retrospect, I don't think I'd ever actually tried one!  Ridiculous, I know.  I think the gorgeous colors that they come in are half the reason I was won over.  So beautiful!

Right now I'm itching to try these two recipes:
- Yellow and Candy Cane Roasted Beets with Garlic Soy Yogurt Sauce, adapted from Butterfly Food
- Roasted Red Beet Salad with Pistachios and Diaya Motzerella, adapted from the Quarter Life Cooks at Big Girl, Small Kitchen

This lovely Candy Cane beet was from my Aunt Julie's garden in CA.  The root and greens were de-licious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment