Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Battle of the Breakfast

As far as I'm concerned, a decadent breakfasts is perfect for any meal. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean for every meal. I've got my figure to look after people!

What I mean is, I love breakfast foods. Maybe I take after my Pops. Or maybe I've just been conditioned. As a kid we had pancakes for dinner almost every week; it's Dad's favorite dish. There were a lot of waffles, omelets, and fruit salad dinners too.




So you see, these days, if I come across a breakfast recipe, there is a 98% chance I'm going to be really darn interested. Luckily for me, all my favorite foodie bloggers seem to be battling it out for the most amazingly, incredibly delicious breakfast dishes. It like an epidemic! A beautiful, sweet flavored recipe epidemic! Breakfast is everywhere! Check it out...

Battle of the Coffee Cake

Manifest: Vegan's Cherry Almont Coffee Cake vs. Elephantine's Pecan Coffee Cake vs. The Baking Bird's Pumpkin Crumb Cake

Battle of the Buns
Always with Butter's Apple Pecan Sticky Buns vs. Salt Bird's Orange Cinnamon Rolls vs. Whipped's Bacon Cinnamon Rolls*

Battle of the French Toast
Big Girls Small Kitchen's Cornmeal Crusted French toast vs. Sprinkle Bakes' Panera Bread Chocolate French Toast vs. The Girl Who Ate Everything's Overnight French Toast Casserole vs. Crepes of Wrath's Cinnamon Carmel French Toast (pictured)

Battle of the Waffle
Stephanie Bakes' Chocolate Chip Waffles vs. Vanilla Sugar's Crispy Buttermilk/ Cheddar Waffles vs. Poires au Chocolat's Brown Sugar Waffles with Bacon*

I'm not even going to get into pancakes, doughnuts, scones, muffins, and biscuits... it's out of control!

* In lieu of piglet I'd try Lightlife's organic tempeh bacon in these recipes. I was totally skeptical at first, but ended up being super impressed by this fakin' bacon. Great savory flavored veggie meat; smoked and salty! Mmmm : )

No comments:

Post a Comment