Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Transitional Colors/ DVF

Last weekend I was aimlessly scanning oodles of Pinterest pin-boards for something especially pretty.  I happened upon a wonderful board themed "i love ombre".

"Oooh!" I thought to myself, "I love ombre too!"  Click- repin- repin- repin!!!  It was a pinning frenzy.  I'm glad you weren't there, it got a little ugly (in a compulsive, visually gluttonous, image hording type way).  But, now I'm digressing terribly; getting quite far from the point of this entry...

When I saw this lovely image of Gutterman silk thread on "i love ombre" I was immediately reminded of DVF's pre-fall show.  (Last Friday I squirreled away a few dozen looks, from various shows with the intent of sharing them this week.)  I saw these pretty silk spools and caught my breath- Diane von Furstenburg must have seen this photo and become inspired too!  And then, she created an entire collection around this dreamy palette!

Maybe not.  Okay, probably not.  But, still.  Beautiful palette.  Gorgeous clothes.  Random story- concluded.    

No comments:

Post a Comment