Friday, February 11, 2011

Take me Away

I think I was a little too exuberant, a little too winter gung-ho, early on. Because let me tell you, I'm feeling burnt out. Like charred. I think this weekend I'd like to go away.

Take me away... back to the late 60s. I'll wear a chic shift dress and pile my hair way up, atop my head (because that's just how I roll). I'll wander Beacon Hill (because well, Boston is my favorite place on earth). It will be late spring (because Boston in the winter is worse than New York in the winter). And I will marvel at the iron boot cleaners and cobblestones and brightly painted window shutters with boxes beneath, full of flowers. And it will be a wonderfully sublime weekend.

Daydreams aside, I'm sure it'll be a lovely weekend. I'm gonna rest up. Help the BF recover from a week-long flu (poor thing). I'll read and take hot baths. I'll wander Brooklyn, a little aimlessly, and well bundled up. You have a wonderful weekend too (and a enjoy a fantasy daydream version while you're at it)!

Photo from the Thomas Crown Affair, found on bluepoolroad

No comments:

Post a Comment