Friday, February 4, 2011

Pretty Palette/ Ice: Gray & Poppin' Aqua

Blue is about to make a huge comeback, especially in electric shades.  Teal and icy aqua are back on the scene!  Cerulean and deep cobalt are going to make appearances too, but I'll save the dishing on those for another day.  The truth is, I've always had a soft spot for crystalline blues (especially a certain aquamarine ring of grandma's)!  I'm happy to see this lovely color family trending again.  It's so breezy.  Ideal for spring.  But, perfect for brightening up the latter half of winter as well.  How gorgeous is it mixed in with soft gray shades?!

Illustration by Caroline Rogers from It Looks Good To Me, from her post What I Wish I Wore Today.  I wish I was wearing it too, Caroline!  I think I'd opt for a big teal hair bow instead of the dye job though. 

Below, clockwise from far left:
- Poster to live by, for sale on Etsy, found on It's Mary Ruffle
- Cluster of gems found here (and learn all about aquamarines!)
- A chic look from Antonio Berardi pre-fall 2011
-A refreshing treat!  Popsicle found on the Workroom's Flicker, via Pinterest
- Cool lids from Christian Dior's show



1 comment: