Friday, February 4, 2011

It's the Week's End!

I'm really looking forward to some intense R&R.  It's seemed like the longest of weeks!  Perhaps the relentlessly harsh winter here has something to do with my exhaustion.  Yes.  Yes, I think so.  Definitely.

I don't have any concrete plans for this weekend.  It's nice to 'officially' be free from duties and expectations.  Although I confess, a rough outline of tasks and adventures exists (duh- I'm a total planner nerd).  The image of engineers (planning a future visit to the moon) is from Fffound.  I think my planning is akin to the picture... merely sketched out, but full of intent and purpose.

Are you a planner, dear reader?  What do you have sketched out for the weekend?


Here's what I've got my eye on:

- Two days after I posted this, I found these.  Note to self: they need to happen.  Really soon.  Maybe for dinner.  Okay, not for dinner.  But ASAP!
- So... I've been terrible; ignoring my houseplants for the last month.  Sorry plants*!  I need to take a quick trip to the nursery for some new terracotta pots, fresh potting mix and orchid fertilizer.  I also have a window sill full of annuals past their prime.  These pots are going to get re-seeded with herbs!
- Last weekend I used my Babycakes bake book for an apple-peach pie.  It was good, but lacked the decadent sweetness I'm used to finding in desserts.  This weekend I want to try a family favorite (gluten free/vegan version).  Here is a hint, it's part vegetable pie, part cake!
- Going to find a little time to practice this paper art.  Hopefully it goes well and some crafty V-day cards get made!

*These are not actually my plants.  Although, there is a definite resemblance.  Again, sorry plants!

No comments:

Post a Comment