Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Met/ Savage Beauty

As you may recall, last Friday I skipped out of work a few hours early.  I had a date with McQueen's newly deputed "Savage Beauty" show at the Met.   For 4 hours, I was surrounded by some of the most beautiful garments I've ever seen.  Completely incredible.  I cannot praise this exhibit enough.  It was like getting lost in a dream!

If you get a chance, please, please see it!!!  And absolutely splurge on the audio guide.  Really, it will make all the difference!  Even if you aren't the biggest McQueen fan (or even particularly interested in fashion) still go see it!  The show was so well curated.  I seriously had goosebumps the entire time!  If you can't make it to NYC for the show (boo!) consider picking up the book.  Of course, if you can't fathom parting with (a mere!) 45 dollars for the coffee table trophy, at least click here to see a video of the show and follow links to a few of the exhibit's pieces.

I'm definitely going again.  I've already marked my calender : )

No comments:

Post a Comment