Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Blueberry Doughnuts

I've been planning on buying a doughnut pan for about a year.  Now that the ol' b-day is just around the corner, the doughnut pan on the list.  (And not to get off topic, but 6 of the 7 things on my wish list are baking related.  I think I may have a problem...)

Anyway.  Back to the blueberries.  Nowadays, donuts and I rarely meet.  I've tried a few at Champs and Baby Cakes in the last year.  The problem with little vegan bakeries is that they only stock a few doughnut options.  Needless to say, what they have isn't always my cup o' tea (err, bite o' cake?).  But, back in the days when doughnuts were more prevalent in my life (college), my favorite was Dunkin' Doughnuts blueberry cake.  Have you ever tried this unassuming monster of deliciousness?  On it's tray, amid it's brightly iced and colorfully sprinkled brothers, the blueberry cake doesn't put up much of a fight for best looker'.  But when it come to taste... heavenly scrumptiousness is all I recall.

These lovelies from Salt Bird are on my baking to-do list.  The recipe is practically vegan already.  Darling BF, you ready for this good stuff?!  (I'm sure he is)  If you try this recipe before I do, let me know what you think!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment