Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Raw-ing Out

Last night, I suggested that the BF and I go to Rockin' Raw for our 2 year 'niversary dinner.  I was in a healthy-munching mood.  I've been to RR once before and it was good to me (haven't been a fan of some other raw spots in NY).  Over our entrees, we started talking about if we would/could ever go completely raw.  We decided that it would be hard.  Not like, "OMG, there is nothing in the world for me to eat" kind of hard.  Because that's ridiculous.  But hard because we're busy people, who don't prepare food for ourselves very often, who like baked treats on occasion, who depend on coffee and espresso (really that's just me), and who revel whilst gobbling up piping-hot pizza, pasta, burritos or stir fry every once in a while. 

That said, I generally eat about 50% raw daily anyway;  lots of fruit, fresh salads, raw nuts.  After lots of thinking though, I'm going to try to push myself a little further; see if I can get over 75% raw a few times a week.  I'm already dreaming up dinner tonight; raw pesto pasta.  It's going to be based on the BF's dinner choice last night: Tallarines Verdes de La Lala!  Thinking about going with zucchini noodles and pesto sauce, possibly topped with beet and radish crouton crunchies!

Images, clockwise from top left: Tea and Cookies, Our Ohio, 101 Cookbooks and Pinterest (anyone know the origin of this one???)

No comments:

Post a Comment