Monday, July 18, 2011

Soft Serve Fruit Co.

Happy Monday!  Did everyone enjoy their mid-July weekend?  It's seriously warm in NYC.  It means that midday is kinda unbearable but evening and night are amazing.  Seriously, perfect.  But, I have found a cold treat to help soothe away sun stroke and sweaty brows: Soft Serve Fruit Co.  It's sorbet, but soft serve.  With fruit and other natural, healthy toppings (24 total!).

Their new location is just around the corner from my office, at 16th St and University Place.  (The original location is at 3rd Ave and 78th St.)  They have quite a few rotating flavors, including banana, strawberry, blueberry and seasonal flavors like pear, apple, cranberry, and pumpkin.  All are gluten free, dairy free, fat free, cholesterol free, and free of additives, preservatives and coloring.  Everything under their roof is 100% natural and nearly 100% organic.

The BF and I stopped in there last Friday.  We had spent a little too much time at Madison Square park and walking the streets of Flatiron (and I was getting weak and grumpy).  I tried the mango and ended up ordering a small blueberry, sans topping.  It was deeeelicious!!!  Honestly, I'll probably be showing my face there at least a couple times a week.  So good.  So good.  The next time you are in Union Square go try it!

Original art available on Etsy, by Ed Marion

No comments:

Post a Comment