Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dressy Maxi Dress

I have a long dressy-dress that I've been dying to wear.  Here is the killer... I've been dying to wear it for 4 summers!  Yes.  It's been in my closet for more than 4 years and has yet to be worn.  Let me share the dilemma: it's really darn difficult to wear a long dressy-dress.

The one in my closet is beyond lovely.  It used to be a terrifying palazzo pant jump-suit (I remade it into a maxi gown).  It's silk crepe de chine, in a gorgeous mod garaiffe print: white and navy blue.  Halter.  Backless.  Center front slit up to my thighs.  It's not the type of dress you wear with gladiator sandals, on a weekend, to the park.  This dress is serious business; heels and lipstick required.  Garance has given me a little encouragement though, with her comical post and inspirational photos.  Perhaps I can master my maxi dress with some understated jewelry and long, flowy, boho hair.

Photo by Garance Dore

No comments:

Post a Comment