Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Catskills Camping

I told you last week about a camping trip and then semi-forgot to post photos.  Ooops-a-daisy : )  The image above was taken on the way into the park, at North South Lake.

Below is our cute little tent nestled into the woody landscape.  Great outdoors serenity, right?  The pines that predominated in our area had the sweetest baby pine cones.  I really wanted to pick them... but resisted.  I figured I'd be robbing a squirrel of his winter's savings.  There were some oaks peppered through too, turning the most beautiful shades of yellow, orange and red.

Before beginning the trek back to NYC, we drove around the lake and checked out the entire campground.  I was hoping to spot a black bear.  No luck.  But we did find the perfect spot.  Next time we head up to North-South this woodsy clearing with a lake view is ours!


No comments:

Post a Comment