Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pretty Palette/ Green & Gray

Today's weather is absolutely awful!  It's dark and dismal, sleet-filled with periodic hail.  The pavement is a mess of melted and hard-packed ice, depending on where you step.  It's treacherous!  I landed myself in puddle upon puddle this morning, only to slip across stretches of rink-worthy ice just after. 

On one hand, this moody color palette fits my solemn (maybe even a little surly) countenance today.  On the other, it sure is pretty!!!  Colors like this can't help but bring a smile of resignation to my lips.  Makes me dream of dusky pastoral landscapes in heather green, alla Wuthering Heights... coincidental association?  No, not really.  I was reading it on the train.  Still!  It's totally fitting.

Top Photo: cool blonds found at Scout Holiday, via Pinterest 

Above, left to right:
- Scabiosa Pods from Saipua
- Grey polish from Sunkissed Dreams, found on Pinterest, via A Butterfly in my Hair
- Sunglasses from Tokokaelo, via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment