Monday, January 24, 2011

Nails/ The French Revamp

When I was back in California for the holidays I spent one blissful day with my best friend Steph, in Los Angeles.  We did things that (5 years ago) we used to do often; shop the Third St Promenade, drink wine at a cute little place for happy hour, grab cheap Japanese grub on National, go to the bank/ coffee shop/ liquor market inside Ralph's grocery!

One treat though was getting a manicure.  I can count the number of professional manicures I've gotten, in my life, on one hand.  Actually, I don't need my whole hand.  Only three digits.  The other two can take a load off.  Kinda sad...  So this most recent manicure was thrilling.  I was so overwhelmed that I couldn't decide on a paint color and went (embarrassingly) with a clear coat.*  But, wouldn't one of these be a wonderful pick?  It's an absolute bouquet of YSL lacquers!!!

Photos found in French Vogue a while back, also visible here



*Truthfully, I still loved it.  It was the most practical pick.  I'm low maintenance (no maintenance) and all the cooking, sketching, miscellaneous crafting takes a tole on polish.  There are few things that make me crazier than looking down at my own chipped nails.  For sanity's sake, I really do think it was the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment