Friday, November 2, 2012

Tofu Benny

Make it this weekend!  So sinfully delicious.  If you're heart set on making it helthier, add some spinach and call it dame Florence.  I myself, much much prefer basic Benny.   But to each his own.  I used Kate's recipe for mock-hollandaise.  I wholeheartedly recommend!  The only other thing I'll add is get Soy Boy Smoked Tofu if possible.  This tofu is incredible.  It's got a great smoky flavor and saves you the time of draining and marinating the basic stuff.  For the faux ham I used Tofurky brand, but I think it's safe to use anything or nothing.  I adore tempe bacon and might try that next time!





Tofu Benny
(makes 4)

Hollandaise Ingredients (please visit Kate's site for sauce directions)
- 3 Tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 cup unsweetened non dairy milk
- big pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- The juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Tablespoon vegan mayo
- Salt and pepper to taste

The Basics
- 4 vegan English muffins
- One package Soy Boy Smoked Tofu
- One package Tofurkey Ham

- Whip up the hollandaise
- Slice each tofu pattie in half (they will be about 2"x2"x 1/4")
- Heat tofu in a skillet and toast the English muffins
- When tofu and muffins are ready, quickly heat up your "ham"or mock meat.
- Assemble muffin, tofu and "ham"
- Liberally add holldanaise
- Fin!


   

1 comment: