Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bunch 'O...

In a certain hip neighborhood of Brooklyn, around the corner from one of the busiest BK subway stops is a little Italian restaurant all covered in grape vines.  I've noticed it in years past.  It's picturesque.  (Meaning the vines are picturesque, the restaurant is nondescript.  Honestly, I couldn't even tell you what the building looks like.)  Anyway.  A few weeks ago I noticed the little green grapes were coloring into a rich blue, dusted with a softly powdery bloom.  I grabbed a cluster of the marble sized sweeties and popped them in my mouth one at a time.  The first Concord grape encounter of my life, via urban foraging.  Gotta love random city produce!


Read more about Concords and how to prepare them on Nourish!  Marissa fondly calls them "candy bombs".  I totes agree!  Deee-lish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment