Monday, October 17, 2011

Modern, Danish Modern

My BF bought a new (old) desk last week.  It en route from San Fran right now.  He spent the last few months searching (the country) for it.  It's a lovely teak, mid century piece.  I'm a lil jealous.  Not that I could fit a desk in my apt...   

I'm a sucker for Danish Modern.  It reminds me of my grandparent's home in California.  They had a great house, filled with stunning furniture.  Wonderful maps.  Beautiful lighting.  Incredible crockery, vessels and art.  Warm, yet minimal.  Heaven.

I found these photos on A Cup Of Joe.  Joanna's buddies Matt and Megan live in this urban oasis.  The apartment itself is in Long Island City, Queens.  Read more about it here; they mention why they left Brooklyn, where they shop for home-ware and more!

Photos by Oh, Darling! photography

No comments:

Post a Comment