Monday, January 28, 2013

The Power Of Hope

I know MLK day was a week ago.  His insight and eloquence has always resonated with me. I've been thinking about this quote a lot: "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." 

Often the most difficult thing to do when you are down 'n out is look forward with hopefulness.  The promise of better days isn't generally the most consoling or immediate tonic for of-the-moment suffering.  However, you carry your own hope reservoir.  Ultimately it's up to you to dip in, lift yourself up and move forward.

Obviously, I'm going through some personal stuff.  My apologies for getting all super serious.  I try not to do un-fun stuff here in my happy w&w land.  Today I had to stop the faux smile and get a little real.  But my point is that I'm trying, with all my might, to get to a better place.  Cheers to hope!

Print available at Ink Storm, discovered via Alkeemi.

No comments:

Post a Comment