Friday, March 11, 2011

Shoe Love/ Hasbees

The wooden heeled, Sweedish Hasbees clog has been been on the market in a totally-nutzo-taking-over-the-planet-type way for over a year now. When I saw them coming back I immediately asked my mom for her's. They've been in the back of her closet for a whopping 30 plus years now. And not to brag or anything, but they're perfection. They are a lovely rust red shade with the classic natural grain sole. They look something like this one from the Spring line. If I didn't already have a lovely (and sentimental) pair, I'd have my eye on one of the cuties pictured!



If you've never read through Hasbees's mission statement, you should check it out. I'm not one for buying leather goods. In fact, over a year ago I established a self-imposed moratorium on purchasing hide-products. But Hasbees is pretty awesome. "[Our] shoes are hand-made using the same craftsmanship as in the the 70s which is kind to people and nature. We use natural materials and you could pretty much bury your shoes in your garden." I mean, how cool is that?! What I love even more is this guide: How can you make sure your kids will inherit the shoes. My mum did a good job : )

No comments:

Post a Comment