Wednesday, February 9, 2011

DIY Thumbtacks

I'm a huge sucker for bulletin boards (both real and virtual).  I've got two large cork boards in my home and have commandeered the fridge as a magnetized third.  So when I saw these cute little thumb tacks on the Mint Design blog I went into a fit of excitement!  These puffy fabric covered push pins would look perfect on my cork board, which happens to already covered with other DIY pins. 



Let me tell you a little story about my cork (as in, bottle) pins...

After living in NY for a little over 4 years, I'd amassed quite a collection of wine and champagne corks.  They were being held, with no intention of use, in an empty terracotta pot, under my kitchen sink.  Then, one summer day I read this post at Hither and Thither.  It got me thinking.  I've got to either do something with those corks or throw them out!  I was in the process of hanging a bulletin board the following day and it dawned on me, how cute would cork pins be on a cork board?  Too cute!  And after hanging the board I spent a little time with my craft glue and some nail-head push pins.  The end.
  Oh wait!  One more thing!  While we're on the subject of "cute cork" check this and these out!

No comments:

Post a Comment